25. November 2022
When a pre-Christmas magic drifts through the streets, the smell of Uhles and mulled wine wafts through Linz and the historic houses and alleys glow romantically, it is finally Christmas time again in Linz. Because then the "colourful city on the Rhine" is transformed into a cosy Christmas village, from the Rhine Gate to the Neutor.
Handcrafted, lovingly decorated wooden panelling transforms the many owner-managed shops, some with traditional handicrafts, into small, sweet Christmas market stalls.
Cosy lounge areas in modern pagoda tents on the market square invite you to linger regardless of the weather and sip fragrant vintner's mulled wine. A colourful children's programme, a variety of gastronomic offers as well as changing live music at the weekends round off the offer.
Live music in the Christmas village
Historic market square Linz am Rhein
- 25.11. 17.00-19.00 Schläder, Schmitz & Brackelsberg
- 26.11. 17.00-19.00 n. A.
- 27.11. 17.00-19.00 Choir of the Kölsche Sprooch
- 02.12. 17.00-19.00 Andreas Nilges
- 03.12. 17.00-19.00 Dorina Santers
- 04.12. 17.00-19.00 Anja Borchers
- 09.12. 17.00-19.00 Phase 3
- 10.12. 17.00-19.00 Uhles Underground
- 11.12. 17.00-19.00 Music band of the FFW Leubsdorf
- 16.12. 17.00-19.00 Guitar Strummers
- 17.12. 17.00-19.00 B42
- 18.12. 17.00-19.00 Andreas Nilgens
This year the Linz Nativity Exhibition will once again adorn the shop windows with its small and large nativity scenes, spread throughout the entire Old Town. Can you find all the nativity scenes?
- Christmas village on the market square: Friday 2 - 8 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 12 - 8 p.m.
- Retail: daily until 6 p.m.
With the new orientation of the Linz Christmas Magic, the City of Linz and the Linz Advertising Association place special emphasis on sustainability and regionality. We are pleased to welcome numerous local and regional exhibitors offering traditional and individual handicrafts. The furniture, the decoration as well as the signposts were made from natural materials and mostly recycled wood.
DID YOU KNOW?
Only economical LED lamps are used for the lighting. This reduces the amount of electricity required to a minimum.
You can find all the information at www.linz.de.
Look forward to a romantic Christmas village, delicious delicacies, Linz arts and crafts, exciting competitions and much more. See you soon at the Linz Christmas Magic!
Our tip: Come with us on an exciting journey through time in the Christmas "colourful city on the Rhine". Our charming city guides look forward to your participation in the Christmas city tours.
- Samstag–Sonntag 12:00 Uhr
- Freitag 14:00 Uhr