The Geroltsbogen has spanned the Seilerbahn, formerly called Pixgasse, since 1766. A decision documented in the council minutes guarantees the citizens free passage for all time. The Electorate of Cologne, Georg Gerolt, was enfeoffed in 1624 by Elector Ferdinand of Bavaria with the Monreal fiefdoms, including the Burg zur Leyen (now Burg Ockenfels) and the old customs house in Linz. The loan was transferred to Georg's son Reiner Gerolt in 1652. Instead of the old building from the beginning of the 17th century - a courtyard gate with the year 1623 has been preserved - the new Geroltshof was built in 1747, a three-storey, four-axis solid building. Opposite the gate passage in Von-Keller-Straße rises a representative mansard roof building in the classical style from the second half of the 18th century, which is under monument protection. The Lords of Rolshausen lived here in the 19th century.
Important facts
Linz am Rhein Seilerbahn
Montag 00:00 - 00:00
Dienstag 00:00 - 00:00
Mittwoch 00:00 - 00:00
Donnerstag 00:00 - 00:00
Freitag 00:00 - 00:00
Samstag 00:00 - 00:00
Sonntag 00:00 - 00:00
(0049) 2644 2526