Haus BucheneckHaus Bucheneck on the banks of the Rhine was built in the classical style in 1840/42 and has served as a summer residence for a Cologne family since 1853. In the possession of the city from 1931, it housed the valuable local history collection, including the complete works of the Linz copperplate engraver Joseph von Keller, and the city archive. Much of the collection was lost in the turmoil of the final years of the war and after 1945. In 1993 the building was privatized and reopened as a hotel. The stone museum can be visited in the neighboring city garden. Below Haus Bucheneck are the ferry pier and several ship piers. A ferry connection to the left bank of the Rhine has existed for hundreds of years, it was first mentioned in 1409. In 1858 the first steamships anchored on the banks of the Rhine in Linz, today several shipping companies visit the city every day during the season and bring visitors from all over the world. To the left and right of the jetties, the Rhine facilities invite you to stroll. The promenade with a fountain has been in its present form since 1968. At Haus Bucheneck there is a scale of the Rhine level and a stone museum in the city garden.
Linz am Rhein Linzhausenstraße 1
|Dienstag||16:00 - 22:00|
|Mittwoch||16:00 - 22:00|
|Donnerstag||16:00 - 22:00|
(0049) 2644 600100 101